Thursday, April 27, 2023

7 Weeks in My Open and Distance Learning Course

 Hello! In this post I will be talking about the assignments I did for my open and distance learning course. Let's take a look at them!


Week 1

In the first week, I made a few changes on my blog, which I had prepared in the past years, at the request of my teacher. In the 2nd grade, I made the theme of my blog purple because then I was loving the color purple, but now I changed my theme because nothing but purple is visible on my page. I made a few changes to the writing styles of the posts. In short, I made general changes to my site.


Week 2

I think the second week's lesson was one of the lessons where I had fun and learned a lot at the same time. It was a course where I could learn about teaching, guide me in the future, and meet with many new applications that will be useful to my students. We also filled out the exit tickets distributed by the teacher during the lesson. I can say that doing this allowed me to focus more on the lesson and to have what I learned permanently ingrained in me. You can see my ticket down below.





In addition, I joined an online webinar and several Facebook groups this week. The name of the webinar was "Focus and Engage: How EdTech Hardware Can Boost Student Outcomes". The webinar was presented by3 very successful presenters in their careers. It was a webinar that I had a lot of fun and helped me learn new things about my department. The Facebook groups I join are the groups that I think contain information that will help me in my business career. You can see the image of everything I mentioned below.




     



Facebook groups: 



Link for the Facebook group


 Week 3

This week we did our first group assignment of the term. We were a group of 4 people. We had to choose an online material that we could use in our lesson. We started doing some research for this. We decided to choose the game you will see below as our material. It is a board game which you can apply to almost any topic you want. After we decided on our material, we discussed with my group mates about how we can use it at which levels. then, when all the groups in the class decided on their materials, each group in turn introduced their materials. Then we wrote this information in the file in the drive in detail.




Week 4  

For the 4th week made some changes and adapt the material we chose last week. As a group, we chose our target student audience. and we have arranged our material to meet the needs of our students. There were a few unsuitable pictures in the game. My group friends and I exchanged those pictures. In addition to these changes, we thought about how we can use our material online. Since our material is a board game, it is played with dice. As a group, we decided that we could play this game easily online with an online dice application. At the end of the lesson, as in previous weeks, we shared our ideas in class.





Link for the dice


Week 5

In this lesson, we learned how to design K5P Projects using Lumi. After our teacher finished his lecture, he asked us to prepare online material using Lumi. After deciding with our group the level of our students. We have decided which activity style we will choose, which is Lumide, and our topic. Since our students are 5th-grade students, we prepared an interactive video to help them with direction. The video is a POV-style video. It is 3 minutes long. In the video, while the person is walking a question will appear on the screen asking how to get to a place seen in the video. There will be multiple questions like this throughout the video. As students answer these questions, their knowledge about the subject will be strengthened.


The pov- video


Our activity






Week 6

I wasn’t able to attend this week's lesson. Since I could not attend the class this week, I will not be able to give a detailed explanation of the lesson. However, as far as I understand from the homework given that day, an exit ticket was used.


Week 7

We had to make a youtube video as our week 7 assignment. Our video should have been 5 minutes long and included the practices and methods we have learned so far. As a group of 4, we chose two teachers and two students.  The topic for our video was friendship. In the video, we talked about what friendship is and ask some questions about the topic. We made some vocabulary games using the sites Lumi and Wordwall. We used words related the friendship.  We made a wheel game using Wordwall and a flashcard activity using Lumi.  After the students played the games, the teachers and students shared their ideas about the lesson, and so the lesson came to an end.

Link to our teaching video







No comments:

Post a Comment

7 Weeks in My Open and Distance Learning Course

 Hello! In this post I will be talking about the assignments I did for my open and distance learning course. Let's take a look at them! ...